Sunday, December 25, 2005

December 25th

A post with a message that is cliche..... but that doesn't make it less true.... at least to me.

It's simply refreshing and exciting to come to school on December 25th with absolutely no hint of the secular implications of the English date. No problems with transportation, no additional absences from students (taking the day to spend with family members that are off from work), no secretaries or custodians off from work, no vacation from learning (as some schools do, similar to Thanksgiving).

I'm not saying that I was horrified every year at this time in December. I knew we were not in our land. Still, it was hard to escape the messages, the colors, the commercials, the magazine supplements, etc. etc.. etc.

And now, here, nothing.

It really is amazing to have this day come and go with absolutely no attention paid to the secular calendar.

Just a regular day.

Another reminder why we're here.

1 Comments:

Blogger T.Y.I.I. said...

You know that our family made aliyah this summer. We're happy, but.... as I'm sure you can imagine, even little, 6-word sentences of encouragement go a long way!
Thanks

December 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home