Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Adar (II)

Rosh Chodesh Adar (Day 2)

- Very lively davening: Aliyot were "sold" for chapters in Tehillim, chapters in Tanach, chapters in Mishna, and pages in Gemara. Lots of singing. (The chazzan for Hallel chose funny/strange tunes such as Maoz Tzur, the American national anthem and We are the Champions and Stairway to Heaven (pretty close to the border of inappropriate but I'm expecting worse so I'll give it a pass.)

- Nice, organized dancing from the school's band.

- After a half-day of learning, a Sports Day. Part of the day was the Faculty against the students. Just great!

I'm expecting it to get worse.... !

1 Comments:

Blogger T.Y.I.I. said...

Interesting ideas.

I really like your rule, "it has to be creative, funny, and not cost a dime or an hour of time to undo." I need to use that.

I also have said things like, "It has to be non-destructive and non-insulting." But your rules, I think, are clearer.

Thanks!

March 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home