Monday, May 15, 2006

Lag Ba'Omer 5766 (ii)

I'm still ranting about the ridiculous bonfires around here. More than one person has told me that I need to close my windows in my house tonight so that the smoke from all the bonfires doesn't come in.

Local fire stations have made it their business these last few days to educate children about fire safety. Our local station decided that the best way to do that is by burning a car in front of the kids - yes, an entire car - and then put it out with a hose. I think, unfortunately, that it had the opposite effect!

This site claims that there is a 200% rise in burn accidents among children in Israel on and near Lag Ba'Omer. This site has some very good suggestions for preventing injuries..... but I think that it's pretty interesting to put a picture of a huge bonfire with a raging fire on a page trying to encourage kids to be careful of fires. This site also has the 200% statistic and a raging fire. The sites of injuries and preventions go on and on.

I'm all for fun but this is ridiculous.

(After reviewing this post, I am surprised at how old I sound. Oy.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home