Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Lag Ba'Omer (iii)

OK. Maybe I overdid it a bit.

Yes there were an incredible amount of fires (my daughter counted 47 separate bonfires when she drove with a friend around our neighborhood). And yes people did get hurt (I think I read that a student in Bnei Brak was severly injured and others around the country were injured too). And yes even in the few fires that I saw there were many unsupervised little kids (3rd graders??).

But I must say that I was very pleasantly surprised by the couple of bonfires that I went to with my family and students. There is something warm about being around a fire with nice singing, nice achdut, nice divrei Torah, nice food!

I still don't understand exactly what this fire thing is all about, but, if it's done safely, who am I to say that it's a bad thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home